The IRS has updated the Allowable Living Expense (ALE) Standards, effective April 24, 2023.The ALE standards reduce subjectivity when determining what a taxpayer may claim as basic living expenses to avoid undue hardship when the taxpayer must delay full payment of a delinquent tax.The standard allowances provide consistency and fairness in collection determinations by incorporating average expenditures for necessities for citizens in similar geographic areas.
- CA – Updated property tax directory published
- Public Hearings for Proposed Regulations to Be Conducted In-Person, Announcement 2023-16
- Bitcoin Characterized as Legal Tender by Certain Foreign Jurisdictions, Notice 2023-34
- Energy Efficient Home Improvements Eligible for Tax Credits, IR-2023-97
- Taxpayers Urged to Begin Tax Planning Now to Take Advantage of Tax Saving Opportunities, IR-2023-95
No comments to show.